Monday, October 23

Thank you Anita Madden...



 

While checking out the posts on My Favorite Things Insiders on Facebook I saw a beautiful card by Anita and comments on how she got the lights to look like they were shinning.
She said...
"I used a Copic to color in a bulb and then used my colorless blander to move the ink outside the bulb area. Once the bulb was dry then I went back in with my Copic marker and colored the bulb again. I also added Glossy Accents to make them shiny"
I don't use Copic and when I told her that she suggested colored pencils and Gamsol.

THANK YOU ANITA!!!

The above card is white card stock for the base card.
The sky is made using water color paper and sponging on Distress Oxide faded jeans ink, spritzing and removing color with a paper towel.
I attached that to the base card then using more white card stock I die cut the two mountains using MFT Die-namics "Stitched Basic Edges" then applying them to the card front.
On one mountain I stamped the verse from MFT Stamps BB Beast Friends using StazOn jet black ink.
On another piece of white card stock I stamped the beast from the same set using the same ink, then colored him as Anita suggested with my Prisma pencils and Gamsol.
I cut him out and applied him to the card front.
I applied the sequins to match the sketch and dotted each with Ice Stickles.
To finish I used my glossy accents to make the bulbs shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your patience while I moderate the comments!