Sunday, September 24

This is a super honest post...


The pumpkins were not originally going to be on this card.
The base card is black card stock.
The blue background, die cut with MFT's "stitched snow drifts", and the green background are more of the Distress stain backgrounds I made previously.
There is a piece of white card stock under the backgrounds so I cold stamp the "happy Halloween" from MFT's "spooky sweets"on it after having die cut the word window using MFT's "oval word window".
then I starting stamping the bats with StazOn jet black ink...


Note the bat in the lower left of the card?
I had everything done and was all set when I slipped and double stamped him...arghhhhhhhh!
However, on another piece of white card stock I stamped the pumpkins from MFT's "spooky sweets" set and cut them out and was able to cover the bat!!!

Haven't we all had this problem at one time or another?
Here's hoping you find a way to fix you oops moments!

Loving my leaves...


Believe it or not the leaves are from another Distress stain background.
This time I started with a brown textured card stock base card and applied a Lawn Fawn beige striped card stock.
Using Lawn Fawn's "Jump For Joy" set I stamped the verse following the stripe on the car stock using StazOn timber brown ink.
Over to the BigKick to die cut branches using the brown textured card stock with Lawn Fawn's "joy to the woods" set.
The leaves are from Lawn Fawn's small stitched leaves set and I used the Distress stain background I had made previously.
Then it was just a matter of gluing everything to the card front and I was done!


Started with another Distress stain background piece...

It's amazing how versatile they are.

I could have gone artsy but I had this Unity Stamps set that I was dying to use...so I did!
The base card is white card stock.
Before attaching the background I stamped the images from Unity Stamp Company's "reason for the season" with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.
The snowflakes are made with dotting white gel pen over the entire background.
The snow mound is made with white card stock and Lawn Fawn's "simple stitched hillside borders" die.
This was glued to the card front after being stamped with the verse from the Unity set using Distress ink chipped sapphire.

Hard to think of Christmas when it's 90 in New York...

But I gave it a good try for this challenge.

The base card is white card stock.
The "Northern lights" layer is one of the Distress stain backgrounds I made yesterday (see previous posts).
I added white gel pen snowflakes to the piece by just dotting wherever.
The background piece was taped to the front of the base card.
The snow mounds were cut from white card stock using Lawn Fawn's stitched mountain borders", stamped using jet black ink with a verse from Penny Black's "the wonder".
From the same set on another piece of white card stock I stamped the hedgehog with the tree and colored them with Faber Castell polychromos and white gel pen dotted them, after cutting them out.
I applied the hedgehog with glue dots.

Saturday, September 23

Batty for you...


It's getting near that time again...
Halloween.
This is another background with the Distress stains that I did.
To make these backgrounds I smooshed the colors onto my craft sheet, spritzed the sheet and laid the paper into it.
If I pulled it up and there were spots empty I just put the card stock back in to pick up more color.
After it was totally dry I stamped the bats from MFT "Spooky Sweets" set using StazOn jet black ink.
I die cut the frame from white card stock using Sizzix "Dotted Squares" die.
After gluing the frame to the background piece I applied foam tape and taped it to the front of the white card stock base card.
To finish I stamped the verse from the same set using the StazOn.