Saturday, January 20
For those of you who are not Star Wars fans you may not get this one.
The card is white linen card stock.
The verse is from Hero Arts and I stamped it with StazOn jet black ink.
I stamped the _ _ _ _ from Kindred Stamps set Galactic Adventures:The Third using Distress antique linen ink and colored him/her with Prisma pencils.
I corner rounded the opposing corners.
I did not fill in the name of the creature just in case someone hasn't seen the movie yet!
I know this looks odd for this time of year but I have a notebook, that has all the birthday cards I need to make for the year.
This one is for a friend in September.
The base card is green card stock with a layer of black card stock.
The main piece is cream card stock with brown flecks run through the BigKick with the Cuttlebug "happy birthday" folder.
To darken the raised image I sponged it with Distress black soot ink.
Please note if you would like it to be a Thanksgiving card you could use the Cuttlebug "Autumn" folder.
The image is a digital by Bugaboo stamps called "pumpkin crow".
I am starting to really like digital images as I am running out of space.
The coloring on the image is Prisma pencils and I used the artist stumps and Gamsol with it.
Once it was finished I cut it out with a craft knife and self healing mat and attached it with glue dots.
I am amazed at how many NEW things I have that are purchased but never used before...how about you?
In this case it was the image and verse from Unity Stamp Co.'s "Kara & Melissa Girls" as well as the bronze Perfect Pearl I used to paint the sweater and shoes.
The images are stamped with StazOn jet black ink.
They are colored with Prisma pencils, artist stumps and Gamsol.
Except the sweater and shoes!
I didn't go into very much instruction here as I am curious if the peeps who follow my blog really want it?
The base card is off white card stock.
There is a layer of yellow and a layer of brown card stock.
The main piece is water color paper where I stamped my NEW Penny Black "bejeweled" stamp using Distress antique linen ink.
For the water coloring I used my Derwent Inktense pencils, water and my #6 water color brush.
Once it was dry I stamped the verse from another NEW Penny Black set called "facebook friends" using StazOn timber brown ink.
Before layering the card I sponged the edges of the water color and off white card stock with Distress ground espresso ink.
Simple card but step by step...
1. Base card white card stock with a layer attached to the top front of the card using Lawn Fawn's red & white hearts.
2. Using Lawn Fawn's "Simple Stitched Hillside Borders" and white card stock, cut out two drifts. Apply them to the front and stamp with verse from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Happy Happy" & "Sealed With a Kiss" sets using StazOn jet black ink.
3. Die cut the Lawn Fawn "Sealed With a Kiss" coordinating seal dies with white card stock.
4. Using the Misti place the seals still in the white card stock and place the stamps from the Lawn Fawn "Sealed With a Kiss" set within the die cuts. Ink up your stamps with StazOn jet black ink and stamp.
5. Using the heart from Lawn Fawn's "Winter Otter" set stamp it onto the one seal using StazOn jet black ink. Color it with a red Prisma pencil then using an artists stump and Gamsol "pull" the color out to make it appear as if it's "glowing".
6. Attach seals to card front with glue dots.